What does it mean to be oversensitive? How does it affect people? What can you do to try to overcome oversensitivity?
In this episode of The Shrink Think podcast, Nathan and Aaron answer all these questions and more as they share their observations and experiences with oversensitivity.
In This Episode
- Why is mental health stigmatized?
- How can we de-stigmatize mental health?
- Why is this important?
What is oversensitivity?
- It’s an incorrect usage of emotions
- Giving feelings and emotions too much weight
- Hard to tolerate common, everyday interactions
How does being oversensitive affect you?
- Leads you to hyper-focus on topics of conflict
- The little things are magnified
- Your friends/people close to you will refer to you as dramatic
What are some ways to overcome it?
- Daily mindfulness
- Daily journaling
- Self care is key!
- Sign up for our free email course, 9 Ways To Overcome Fear & Self-Doubt, that will guide you through our process of facing fears and insecurities so that you can feel more comfortable in your own skin
- Book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the icons below. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes and subscribe to our podcast!
Meet Nathan & Aaron
Nathan Hawkins and Aaron Potratz are both licensed therapists and clinical supervisors in the state of Oregon. They each own their own private group counseling practices and co-own a third group practice together. Nathan and Aaron have been in the field since 2004 and 2007, respectively, and have over 100,000 hours of therapy experience each. On their show, they discuss facing fears and common challenges from a therapist’s point of view, imparting wisdom and humanity to their viewers. Along the way, they hope to not only share their insights but bring some light-hearted entertainment to make the journey easier.