Are you interested in the behind-the-scenes of therapy? What do we think when a client contacts us? What’re our next steps?
In this episode of The Shrink Think podcast, Nathan and Aaron answer all these questions and more as they discuss what therapists do when clients contact us.
In This Episode
- What do we do when a client contacts us?
- What should clients include?
- What logistical-things do we have to take into consideration?
What do we do when a client contacts us?
- Look at the inquiry to make sure we specialize in the service they’re looking for.
- If we, personally, don’t have an opening, we also have a team of people that could have one.
- We’re always looking to balance our own caseload!
What should clients include?
- Make sure to include your name.
- Make sure to include the services that you’re looking for.
- Do a double take before you hit send – Make sure you feel you included enough information for the therapist.
What logistical-things do we have to take into consideration?
- We have to discuss payment and insurance.
- We need to talk about schedules and when you’re looking to meet.
- We always have to consider our own bandwidth, too. Since COVID hit, we’ve been extremely busy!
- Sign up for our free email course, 9 Ways To Overcome Fear & Self-Doubt, that will guide you through our process of facing fears and insecurities so that you can feel more comfortable in your own skin
- Book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the icons below. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes and subscribe to our podcast!
Meet Nathan & Aaron
Nathan Hawkins and Aaron Potratz are both licensed therapists and clinical supervisors in the state of Oregon. They each own their own private group counseling practices and co-own a third group practice together. Nathan and Aaron have been in the field since 2004 and 2007, respectively, and have over 100,000 hours of therapy experience each. On their show, they discuss facing fears and common challenges from a therapist’s point of view, imparting wisdom and humanity to their viewers. Along the way, they hope to not only share their insights but bring some light-hearted entertainment to make the journey easier.