Why do we record The Shrink Think podcast every week? What’s our mission? What changes are we making?
In this episode of The Shrink Think podcast, Nathan and Aaron answer all these questions and more as they share their thoughts on bridging the gap between therapists and clients.
In This Episode
- What changes are we making?
- Why should you listen to The Shrink Think?
- How are we trying to bridge the gap between therapists and clients?
What changes are we making?
- We’re narrowing our focus!
- We want to help both the people going to counseling and the counselors.
- We want to focus on discussing professionals “behind the curtain”.
Why should you listen to The Shrink Think?
- We strive to be the educators of mental health.
- We want to help in guiding you to seek help/choosing a therapist.
- We want to improve your therapy experience once you’re going to appointments.
How are we trying to bridge the gap between therapists and clients?
- Sharing knowledge that makes the relationship more effective.
- Making our episodes resources for therapists to assign their clients to listen to.
- Providing the real-world experience rather than regurgitating academic, textbook information.
- Sign up for our free email course, 9 Ways To Overcome Fear & Self-Doubt, that will guide you through our process of facing fears and insecurities so that you can feel more comfortable in your own skin
- Book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the icons below. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes and subscribe to our podcast!
Meet Nathan & Aaron
Nathan Hawkins and Aaron Potratz are both licensed therapists and clinical supervisors in the state of Oregon. They each own their own private group counseling practices and co-own a third group practice together. Nathan and Aaron have been in the field since 2004 and 2007, respectively, and have over 100,000 hours of therapy experience each. On their show, they discuss facing fears and common challenges from a therapist’s point of view, imparting wisdom and humanity to their viewers. Along the way, they hope to not only share their insights but bring some light-hearted entertainment to make the journey easier.