Have you researched other types of therapy since you last tuned in? Are you looking to gain insight into your life? Interested in learning more complex techniques?
In this episode of The Shrink Think podcast, Nathan and Aaron answer all these questions and more as they share their observations and experiences with Internal Family Systems.
In This Episode
- What is Internal Family Systems?
- What does it aim to do?
- Who is it the most helpful for?
What is Internal Family Systems?
- It is a comprehensive approach to people and how to deal with the struggles we face
- It looks at the different parts of us that have needs
- It is a complex approach that requires specific training, but it can help you understand what’s going on and why in a very quick amount of time!
What does it aim to do?
- To differentiate the Self from the other parts
- To unburden or restore extreme and wounded parts
- To establish a trusted, healthy, harmonious internal system that is coordinated by the Self.
Who is it most helpful for?
- Substance abuse
- Sign up for our free email course, 9 Ways To Overcome Fear & Self-Doubt, that will guide you through our process of facing fears and insecurities so that you can feel more comfortable in your own skin
- Book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the icons below. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes and subscribe to our podcast!
Meet Nathan & Aaron
Nathan Hawkins and Aaron Potratz are both licensed therapists and clinical supervisors in the state of Oregon. They each own their own private group counseling practices and co-own a third group practice together. Nathan and Aaron have been in the field since 2004 and 2007, respectively, and have over 100,000 hours of therapy experience each. On their show, they discuss facing fears and common challenges from a therapist’s point of view, imparting wisdom and humanity to their viewers. Along the way, they hope to not only share their insights but bring some light-hearted entertainment to make the journey easier.