Have you been searching for mental clarity? Are you longing for peace of mind in your life? Do you need help getting to that point?
In this episode of The Shrink Think podcast, Nathan and Aaron answer all these questions and more as they share their observations and experiences with mental clarity and peace of mind as therapists.
In This Episode
- How to gain mental clarity
- How to trust in yourself
- Why is this helpful
- What could get in the way
How to gain mental clarity
- Understand and accept your own perspective and other people’s perspectives
- Understand how things affect your own world
- Get your mind ‘unstuck
How to trust in yourself
- Be yourself. If you fear how others will look at you or judge you, you might find it difficult to be yourself around other people
- Set reasonable goals
- Be kind to yourself and to others
What could get in the way
- Having strong previous belief systems
- Not being an open person
Why is this helpful
- Will help you break out of the pattern of doing the same things
- “A problem fully understood is a solution half-solved”
- You will find that you are able to accomplish more and concentrate on the things in life that truly bring you success, joy, and satisfaction
- Sign up for our free email course, 9 Ways To Overcome Fear & Self-Doubt, that will guide you through our process of facing fears and insecurities so that you can feel more comfortable in your own skin
- Book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the icons below. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes and subscribe to our podcast!
Meet Nathan & Aaron
Nathan Hawkins and Aaron Potratz are both licensed therapists and clinical supervisors in the state of Oregon. They each own their own private group counseling practices and co-own a third group practice together. Nathan and Aaron have been in the field since 2004 and 2007, respectively, and have over 100,000 hours of therapy experience each. On their show, they discuss facing fears and common challenges from a therapist’s point of view, imparting wisdom and humanity to their viewers. Along the way, they hope to not only share their insights but bring some light-hearted entertainment to make the journey easier.