How often does fear play a role in your life? Is it daily? Do you truly know all of the ways fear can affect how you live?
In this episode of The Shrink Think podcast, Nathan and Aaron answer all these questions and more as they share their observations and experiences with fear as therapists.
In This Episode
- What are different types of fears
- How do we tend to magnify them
- How can we avoid them
What are different types of fears
How do we tend to magnify them
- Everybody is afraid of something; it’s common
- The current state of our world doesn’t help…
- Irrational fears
How can we avoid them
- Start to learn what you can tolerate it
- Break down what exactly it is you are afraid of
- Ask yourself what’s going to happen if the particular scenario you’re worried about actually happens
- Sign up for our free email course, 9 Ways To Overcome Fear & Self-Doubt, that will guide you through our process of facing fears and insecurities so that you can feel more comfortable in your own skin
- Book: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to leave a comment below or share this podcast on social media by clicking on one of the icons below. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes and subscribe to our podcast!
Meet Nathan & Aaron
Nathan Hawkins and Aaron Potratz are both licensed therapists and clinical supervisors in the state of Oregon. They each own their own private group counseling practices and co-own a third group practice together. Nathan and Aaron have been in the field since 2004 and 2007, respectively, and have over 100,000 hours of therapy experience each. On their show, they discuss facing fears and common challenges from a therapist’s point of view, imparting wisdom and humanity to their viewers. Along the way, they hope to not only share their insights but bring some light-hearted entertainment to make the journey easier.